Saturday, August 14, 2010

getting out of the office

For the past couple of weeks, I have been designing a set of surveys to be given to the participants in the combined rural agriculture and nutrition program run by the NGO I am with. There are five survey tools: a focus group with women farmers, an interview with village health volunteers who are in charge of nutrition education, an interview with the model farmer in the community, an interview with a community council member, and an interview with half of the women who participate in the focus groups. Even though yesterday was just the field test, and the actual data collection will take a week, it still felt pretty cool to see the participants actually responding to the questions and providing the information that we're looking for. (I know I'm lame!) The interviews and focus groups were conducted simultaneously in Khmer with pen and paper, so I just wandered around and observed. Pictured below: (1) focus group; (2) interview with village health volunteer; (3) a warm cat nap (just for fun!).



1 comment:

  1. It looks like my Beulah!

    Susie,

    I'm really enjoying your posts. It's great to see what you're working on and what you're seeing in Cambodia! Take care. --Steph

    ReplyDelete